A dental crown is a tooth-shaped cap that is placed over a damaged tooth to restore its shape, strength, size, function and appearance. When it is cemented in place, a dental crown will cover the entire visible part of the tooth.
Our dentists may suggest a dental crown in Boutte, Louisiana, to:
– Restore a dental implant
– Prevent a weak tooth from fracturing
– Cover and protect a tooth that is already fractured
– Anchor a dental bridge in your mouth
– Restore a tooth that has had root canal treatment
– Cover a tooth with a large dental filling that does not have much structure remaining
To prepare a tooth for a dental crown, our dentists will shape the tooth to allow room for the restoration in your mouth. If your tooth does not have much structure remaining, a foundation may be built up to support the dental crown. Impressions of the tooth and the surrounding teeth are then made so that your custom dental crown can be designed and constructed. When your crown is ready, the fit and color will be checked, and any needed adjustments will be made. Then the dental crown will be permanently cemented in place.
We welcome you to call Louisiana Dental Center today at (985) 758-5110 to learn more and to set up your next dental visit.